Monday, June 27, 2011

Everyone's a critic

Who do you listen to? Are you one of those people that gets everyone's opinion before making a decision no matter how big or small? I can't decide if I'm one of those people. Even for something simple, like a movie. There are a bunch of movies out now that I could take the kids to, but I just don't know if I want to waste the $300 it will cost for the three of us to go to the theater. I read that Cars 2 wasn't good because it focused too much on Mater. Um, hello, Mater was the funniest part of the first one so why wouldn't he be good in the second one? See what I mean? Should I trust the person who wrote the review or should I go by what three of my Facebook friends say when they post what a great movie it was? Decisions, decisions. The internet is making it so easy to get other people's thoughts about everything. And while it is so wonderful to have all that information at the tip of your fingers, it can be frustrating as well. Now I don't have much of an excuse if I make a bad choice on a purchase. I can hear all those reviewers saying "I told you so" when I get something that Mitzi from Minnesota said was a waste of money. I've been shopping for a car lately and reading the reviews has been making my head spin. It's no longer just getting the info from Consumer Reports. Now there are dozens and dozens of sites that review cars and zillions of people who have something to say about the latest car style. Just when I had my hear set on one car, Joe G from Jersey says don't buy that piece of junk! I need a fairy godmother to tell me what to do some days. Or maybe I should just do whatever I want and deal with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment