Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful?

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. One of the reasons I know this is because I've been hearing a lot of people talk about things they are thankful for. To me, you should thank God every day when you wake up. Thank Him for letting you wake up and letting you breathe and letting you have a home and a car and a job (or the ability to not work) and a family and food and all the other things that you take for granted and then vocally express thanks for in late November. Waiting until Thanksgiving to be thankful is like waiting for Valentine's Day to show someone you love them. Why do you need a day on the calendar for that? I just thought it would be a hoot to get a little more sarcastic today and mention what I'm not very thankful for. --I am not thankful for hangnails. --I am not thankful for dry skin. --I am not thankful for dog poop. --I am not thankful for migraines. --I am not thankful for wet socks And I am certainly not thankful for stink bugs. Now you're probably saying to yourself, "Um, Liz, I'm not too thankful for your sarcasm." But that's just a service I provide free of charge. No need to thank me! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment