Monday, December 7, 2009

No shoes, no shirt - big problem

We had a bit of a warm spell, I'll admit, but now that it's December and the snow is here, it's time for warm clothes, right? Not in my house! My children are horrible when it comes to putting on clothes. The youngest is now going through a phase where she hates every pair of underwear you put on her. She doesn't ever want to wear pants either. She says she wants leggings. Give her those and she wants tights. Give her those and she needs stockings. It's crazy and it's making me crazy. It's fine that she wants to walk around the house with a tank dress on. It's fine that she'll walk around here with no socks on and just a t-shirt. But, then the tantrum she throws because it's time to put on pants??? Forget it. I purposely took her to the store to pick out pants. No jeans or anything with buttons or snaps. She got two pairs of sparkly pants and she still won't wear them. I asked the moms in my moms group for help and they were really great. Maybe it's dry skin. Maybe it's a sensory issue. Maybe it's a behavior issue. Maybe I just need a drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment