Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Super Mom?

Do you know a Super Mom? In my view, there are two types - the one you admire and want to be like and the one you can't stand. BFF-MG is the first kind. She is all about family and being a mom. She gets cool ideas and does crafts and games and treats and so much fun stuff for her kids and their friends. I'm sure all the other moms in her school feel so lame in comparison. They come in with slice-and-bake cookies and she's got homemade cupcakes that are decorated for a specific holiday theme. She decorates the kids' rooms and does silly stuff for their birthdays and makes sure that everyone - even her hubby and us girlfriends - feels super special on their special days. I know the other kind of mom too. The one that seems to have nothing but time on her hands. She probably gets up at 3 in the morning and fills chocolate molds and then color coordinates her outfit with her kids' outfits and then makes a hearty breakfast for the kids and comes to school to read books. She's just a bit much and makes the rest of us feel lame. Maybe if I knew her like I know my BFF, it wouldn't bother me so much. The chocolate cornucopia filled with colored chocolate pumpkins for Thanksgiving? The chocolate "gingerbread" house decorated with candies for Christmas - along with goody bags for each child filled with gifts? Really? I wore an elf hat and called it a day. These Super Moms are great. They're usually perky and happy and healthy and glad to give lots of time and energy to the effort. I wouldn't mind being Super Mom some days. I just wonder if I have it in me. I don't like baking. I guess I'm creative to a point. But, do I have the patience to build a chocolate house? Do I have the willpower to do it without eating the roof?

No comments:

Post a Comment