Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Blame game

My daughter is standing in the middle of a room. No one is near her. She stubs her toe. Immediately, she screams and cries "thanks a lot" to her sister for making her stub said toe. HUH? It's her sister's fault? Yes, apparently, that is true. This is what happens now that my kids are old enough to realize they can blame their mistakes on someone else. If I talk, that alters the balance in the universe and makes my daughter make a mistake on her homework assignment. If I look at her while she's brushing her hair, it comes out all wrong and she looks hideous (her word). How can it possibly be your sister's fault that you smacked her? And, the older one will say "she hit me first." Um, no she didn't. I was standing right here the entire time and she didn't touch you. "Yes, she did," the older one screams. "Why don't you believe me?!!" I'm sure it's just a phase. I'm sure it's a waste of time to expect my child to be rational and to understand lying and blaming are wrong. The phase better end soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment