Sunday, January 3, 2010

You are not alone

Today, I was at a party, chattin' it up with two other mom friends - one has three boys and the other has three girls (and a boy on the way!) We were just talking about life with kids and it turns out that they have the exact same issues that I have! Their kids are angels and school and little non-angels at home. They don't want to get dressed. They don't want to get out of bed. They don't want to eat. They don't want to put on PJs or take a bath or do homework. They don't want to stick with a sport or activity - especially the ones that cost a ton of money. I always hated when I talked about my kid issues with moms and they would say stuff like "it's just a phase" or "this too shall pass." I'm sure that's all true, but it's of absolutely no help and provides me no solace at all to hear that "advice." This was more up my alley. Moms - different ages, different backgrounds, different situations - who were going through the exact same trials I am. Just to have someone laugh with you and say "I know" when you tell them how much little Billy drives you crazy. It really put my mind at ease. Oh, and did I mention we talked about wine too? Wine....

2 comments:

  1. Ditto. nothing is any different here either except i have a pile of boys underwear to wash

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am having this same issue at home ... i hear about how well behaved and wonderful brendan is in school or at someone's house for a playdate but at home, it's like he's a completely different kid sometimes! you're so right about hearing it's a phase, it means nothing when you're smack in the middle of it at dinner time. just found your blog again ... glad i did, i love your insight! :)

    ReplyDelete