Wednesday, April 20, 2011

No school

This is the time of year when kids start hating school. It's been a long time since they've had a break and they need one. And for many of them, May means state tests so they've been spending a lot of time getting ready for them. They need relief from coloring in ovals. For us, this week is spring break and so far my kids are not digging it. Why? Because the stupid weather has been extremely uncooperative. This is the third day of rain. Yuck. We want to go outside. We want to go to the park. We want our soccer games and baseball games to not be cancelled. We want to have a day without mud. Granted, I'm sure I'll be missing this cool weather come August but right now it's just annoying. There's only so many things you can do to entertain your kids all day long. They are used to having a teacher who has a plan. I guess I could make a plan. I guess I could stop thinking about what we can't do and think about what we can do. It's a bit of a challenge since I have two children with very different personalities who don't enjoy the same things. I suggested a movie - nope. We were supposed to have a field trip today but it was cancelled since there are thunderstorms in the forecast. My kids are so bummed. They're being okay about it right now but I know in a few hours they are going to be nuts - it'll be like wrestlemania in here. Who cares about the rain? We're going out.

No comments:

Post a Comment