Monday, August 17, 2009

Not a baby anymore

Tomorrow is a bittersweet day for me. My little girl is turning 4. This is a rough one for me. I loved her at 1 and even more at 2 and, remarkably, at 3. Now, she's no longer a baby. Sure, she'll always be my baby because she's the youngest, but it's not the same. She doesn't say those cute little phrases she used to. She doesn't have those cute little vocabulary mistakes that make us all giggle. I guess all moms feel this way - like your child doesn't really need you anymore. I know that God gave me children because I am supposed to raise them to be adults and leave me someday, but, I sometimes wish that day wasn't coming at me so fast. I love hanging out with Sabrina. She makes me laugh. She's so bouncy. She's inquisitive and thoughtful. She likes to learn and explore and she's brave. She'll pick up a worm, even if she's wearing a princess dress. She's just a cool kid. I'm going to try to hold onto the baby part of her as long as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment