Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Torture

This evening, my youngest started complaining of a headache. Then she said her belly hurt and her knees hurt. She had a slight fever and actually asked to go to the doctor. So, we went - her moaning and crying and then falling asleep on the ride. Sabrina was pretty okay when we got there, but then the doctor came in and everything fell apart. She didn't want to open her mouth or say Ah or take a deep breath or do anything. Well, the pediatrician then announced she wanted to take a throat culture to test for strep. Uh oh. If Sabrina would actually speak, I could imagine her saying "No effin way lady." And here comes the nurse with the swabs. And what does she tell me to do? She wants my baby to hate me. I have to sit on the table and hold Sabrina on my lap. Then I have to hold down her hands and then I have to hold her nose. Okay, first of all, I only have two hands, so this is pretty difficult. But, do you know how bad I felt holding that little girl's nose closed to force her to open her mouth so the nurse could stick a long swab down there? I just wanted to die!! And, I think Sabrina wanted to be the one to make me die! It's hard to do things to our kids that cause them any pain. Even though we know it's for the best or it's something that must be done, it's still heartbreaking, isn't it? You'll be happy to know she got me back though. When we got home, she puked all over the place and let me clean it up. Round 1 - doctor. Round 2 - Breenie. Mommy never wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment