Thursday, September 3, 2009

A brand new season

It's been a while since I've blogged and it seems that I never have the time to do this steadily. Actually, I probably do have time, but I spend it doing other things. Things where I don't have to think! So, a new page has turned on the calendar and it's a new month. September - one of my favorite months of the year. I love this time. Everyone is trying to hold on to summer, upset to see the sun fading sooner and missing the beach and the pool and the barbecues. Me? I say "See ya summer" without a look back. I love fall. It's so cozy and cool. It makes you want to be outside and get your cheeks chapped when there's a nip in the air. It reminds you of football and apple picking and jumping in leaves. And, next week, my oldest daughter starts second grade. I was so excited to buy her school supplies. We went shopping for a new pair of sneakers and it brought back memories of my first pair of "high" heels that I bought for school. Yes, I'm from a time when you had only a few pairs of shoes - one pair for school, one pair for play, one pair for church, parties, etc. She was a bit lost on the whole new shoe excitement. She wanted high heeled sneakers or ballet flats with rhinestones on them. And as I sat sharpening her 50 pencils, I could picture one of my old classrooms and remember the pencil sharpener mounted on the wall. Remember how awful it was when there was a loose one and the part with all the shavings would fall off and land all over your feet? (Please excuse my departure there) So, anyway, it's a new month, a new season and a new time. Make it a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment