Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fashion show

What's up with girls and clothes? I'm sure I was like this too, but my kids seem to want the flashiest, most uncomfortable stuff because everyone else has it! Can someone please come up with a trend to get rid of the uggly boots? If I see one more teenage girl wearing these stupid boots with a pair of shorts, I will scream. Why are you wearing shorts and fur-lined boots? Are you filming an adult movie in Aspen? Stupid. My girls today begged me to get them the boots. Um, no way Jose. First off, boots are for work or bad weather. Boots are mean to be worn in the mud or the snow or hiking in the mountains. Why would you wear boots that get ruined the minute water hits them? And they're hot. They're lined for crying out loud. My kids complain about their feet being hot when they wear sneakers! They won't even wear socks in the winter time! Can you imagine them with boots? Those things would last all of five minutes. Listen, I'm sure you can relate - when we were kids we had three types of shoes - school shoes, play shoes or sneakers and party/church shoes. Of course, I was lucky. I didn't have to think about what I would wear every day. We wore uniforms so fashion wasn't much of an issue. But, it really doesn't matter. I could spend a fortune on clothes and my daughter would still wear the same outfit all the time. She has a favorite shirt that she wears at least once a week. Funny thing is, I got it for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment