Friday, November 26, 2010

Why?

Why? It's a question children seem to ask a million times a day. I thought it was only 2- and 3-year-olds who asked "why" over and over and over and over. Nope. Eight-year-olds do it too. At least mine does. My mom keeps telling her she's going to be a lawyer. It's possible. And if she becomes one, I'd had to be sitting there for her cross examination. All she does is ask questions all day long. It's a good thing. She's very inquisitive. I'm glad that she wants to get information and understand things. But sometimes I wish she would just not care. Like, we're watching The Wizard of Oz and she wants to know why the Tin Man has teeth. Valid question, sure. I think the reason that I get so exasperated is because I just have no answers to some of her questions. And she wants answers. She isn't really satisfied with me not knowing something. She wants me to find out. But, sometimes when I tell her the answer, she doesn't even believe me! I can't win. She's one of those people that asks questions throughout an entire movie. She'll ask questions from the moment she wakes up in the morning and on an hour-long drive. I've got to start doing more research, I guess, just to keep up with the demand. You know what my dad used to say to me when I asked Why? He'd say "Z" and that was the end of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment