Sunday, July 5, 2009

Guilt Trippin'

I'm sure lots of us have had that feeling that we're the world's worst parent, right? Today, I got a dose of it, big time. My mom and I brought Caty to the craft store, where she got a few items that were made for a dollhouse. She then asked me if I could bring back into the house a dollhouse that I had gotten for her and later put out in the garage. Well, um, oops. Yeah, that dollhouse? Um, yeah, I um gave that away. How awful am I? The face on that poor girl! I felt like the boy that stood her up on prom night! Of course, I can't buy her the dollhouse she wants - the thing is like 400 bucks! And the one I threw out was plastic and cheesy anyway, but no matter. I suck. I'm mean. I'm not a nice person. "Maybe Daddy or Grandpa can make me one?" was her question to my mother. "Well, I could try to do that," I told my firstborn. "No, I want Daddy or Grandpa to do it." I'm so horrible, she won't even let me replace the damn thing! Oh well, maybe she'll lost interest in it (yeah right).

No comments:

Post a Comment