Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Too many chicks

That's what I have in my house. Too many chicks. What is it about girls? Why do they have to fight all the damn time? I hear it all the time - "Oh, you're so lucky you have girls." Really? Why am I so lucky? Because boys fight all the time? They wrestle and run around and jump and yell and act crazy? Guess what - girls do it too. And they do it worse because they do it with little attitudes. So, in addition to me and the 7-year-old chick and the almost four-year-old chick, I have gone off the deep end and agreed to babysit a 5 1/2-year-old chick for the rest of the summer. Am I insane, you ask? Must be. Today was day two. Yesterday, my kids were so excited and hyper, they wanted to show poor Girl* every toy they've ever owned. "Come in my roomDoyouwanttopaintorcolororcutupsnowflakesorhaveasnack? Mom, make us a snack. DoyouwannawatchTV?Mom, where's the remote? What's your favorite show? Wanna watch Tom and Jerry?" Okay, so my head is spinning and it was only 7:30 in the morning! Today, we went to the children's museum and I guess Girl was a little tired or overwhelmed since it was her first visit and she just wanted to be left alone. Well, that doesn't sit well with Caty. When she wants you to do something, you need to do it. So, she started whining that Girl was being mean. That meant her little sister was going to stick up for Caty and yell at Girl. Then Caty would put her feet on Girl's seat. Then she would cry "Mom, Girl just flicked me." Of course she flicked you. Get your feet off her seat! Let's just say the ride home was not fun. Then they got home and cooled off in the pool. By then, Caty and Girl were best friends again and Sabrina was the outcast so she went in the house crying. I don't think you can win when there are three girls involved. Odd numbers just don't work. They can't. It's inevitable that two of the three will gang up on or gossip about the third girl. Hmm. What to do. Well, Girl does have an older sister, so maybe I could babysit her too? What? If I can do three, four will be a breeze! *Note: I know Girl isn't a very nice name, but I'm protecting this poor kid's identity!

No comments:

Post a Comment