Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Reality

Does it make me a bad mother if my daughter is addicted to reality television? She is in love with it! I think it started with American Idol. I thought she liked the singing, but that's not it. I think she likes when people are voted off! She's totally into America's Next Top Model and she digs shows like Wife Swap and Supernanny. Another favorite was "I'm a Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here." She was a big fan of Torrie and asked me 10 times a day if I had voted for Torrie. Last week, she actually forced me to sit through a program called "I Survived a Japanese Game Show." That had to be the worst thing I've ever seen on television. But, since it's reality TV, it's kind of hard to explain to my daughter that it isn't real. She doesn't always understand that. She thinks if I recognize someone on television, that I actually know them. My luck, she'll start watching one of those stupid MTV shows and want to meet Flava Flav or something crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment