Sunday, July 26, 2009

Work

I need to make time to blog. Lately, I have lots to say, but no energy or time to say it! The past two weeks, I've been babysitting two girls, so now I have four girls ranging in age from 3 1/2 to 8 1/2 and I am just exhausted! Just can't explain how tired I am on Friday night. It made me think of something stupid I once said before I had kids. It was a comment to an old friend whose kids are now in their teens. I said something idiotic about never being able to quit my job. I said it must be so boring staying at home all day with nothing to do but hang out with your kids. Now, wait, don't get mad at me! Wipe off the coffee you just spit all over the screen. I said I made that stupid comment before I had a child. But, now, everytime I see one of those articles that pit working moms against SAHMs, I just laugh and ignore it. Because I know the truth. I know both sides of the fence. When my husband says something really stupid like "I'm tired because I work all week. What do you do?" or "I would love to be a stay-at-home dad," I just have to smile and walk away. Because smacking him upside the head is useless. It won't knock the common sense in there. He doesn't understand that spending time with your kids involves a lot more than turning on the television. Even if they're allowed to watch Tom and Jerry or something else that mommy doesn't usually let them see, pretty soon, kids will get bored. Sure, they will let you bring them to McDonalds every day for lunch, but the bowel movements are your reward, buddy. You don't need to take over my job - just stop making it harder for me. I don't need an oversized child!

No comments:

Post a Comment