Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Growing up

Why does it go by so fast? They're babies and in the blink of an eye they're big kids. The way they look changes, the way they talk - it happens in an instant. Just yesterday, the girls in my daughter's Brownie troop were talking about being old enough to drive. Whoa! Slow down. When you're young, you just can't wait to get older. When you're older, you reminisce about youth. I guess that's why they say youth is wasted on the young. I noticed it today at BFF-AM's house. We were looking at her son, who is five. He broke his arm and was acting like such a brave boy. One minute he was that shy little boy with the cute, raspy voice and now he's brave? Now he wants to watch Batman and Superman and Indiana Jones? Um, no sir. You are just too darn little for that no matter what you think! You're not supposed to be going to school and reading books to your little sister. Of course, I want my kids and those of my friends (and I guess all kids in general) to love the experience of growing up and gaining more knowledge and experience. I guess I just wish they would take it a bit slower. One day at a time, you know? It doesn't have to go by so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment