Monday, November 23, 2009

What is it with kids and the potty?

Lord help me, if I have to buy another Pull-Up, I'm going to kill someone! My oldest daughter was potty-trained at 2. We were on vacation with BFFs in South Carolina. Their son was peeing off the porch and Caty thought it was awesome, so she started peeing too. She wanted to do it standing up, but we convinced her not to. She still thinks peeing standing up is pretty neat. (I do too. It's one of the only things men are masters of). Now, I know it's not fair to compare siblings. I know everyone progresses at their own speed. But, goodness, if my little girl doesn't stop her obsession with the Pull-Up, I will go insane! You don't even need to tell me all the things I'm doing wrong. Sure, my mom gives her a cup (or three) of chocolate milk every night before bed. No, she doesn't use the toilet before she goes to bed (because it's hard enough actually getting her to fall asleep). Yes, I know plenty of moms who don't give their kids drinks after 6 p.m. and who wake up in the middle of the night to walk their sleeping pre-schooler to the toilet to empty their bladder. And, yes, I know I'm a big, fat, lazy mom who just puts the Pull-Up on and deals with it in the morning. I guess I'd rather have that than the accident to deal with. But, now, if you don't take the Pull-Up off right away, she will pee in it! She's fully awake and aware of what she is doing. It's no accident (even though she says it is). I've even caught her trying to run and hide to poop in it. Are you kidding me? My kid will be wearing Depends in college, I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment