Friday, November 6, 2009

Too quiet

It's Friday night again and my girls are gone - off to Abuela's house to spend the night and visit with their daddy's family. I know I should be reveling in the peace and quiet. I've gotten all the suggestions - take a bath (don't like 'em), drink some wine (don't like it), watch a good movie and snuggle in front of the fire (I cancelled my satellite service and I'm scared of burning the mouse family living in my chimney). So, what to do? I do have a lot to do. I'm not feeling sorry for myself by any means. I just feel like I'm missing an appendage or something. When your kids aren't around, you don't just notice the silence - you feel their absence. It's hard to wave goodbye. It's hard to know you're not the one tucking them in at night. It's even hard to sleep without those little feet kicking me in the back. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually but for now, I'll call them just to hear their voices!

No comments:

Post a Comment