Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sassy Talk

It often happens that adults say things they shouldn't in front of children. And often, children will repeat certain things. Usually, it's funny and/or cute when your child repeats an off-color word or phrase, but when does it cross the line between funny and fresh? I used to not know whether to laugh or blush when Caty was 2 and tried to say the word "fork". Guess what it came out as? But, there are some words they say that just don't sound like they should be coming out of a child's mouth! Loser. Stupid. Idiot. Dummy. Sucker. Hot. A lot of times, it's innocent, I know. But then they start saying the words in public or to their teachers and it makes me seem like I have the worst manners and have taught my little ladies very little. I do take most of the blame. Seems my sharp tongue is getting me in more trouble than it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment