Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fashion tips?

I wonder what I put my mother through when I was a teen. She must have been mortified by my (lack of) fashion sense. In my defense, it was the 80s. I did wear flourescent stuff and legwarmers and skinny stonewashed jeans with big sweaters. What am I going to do when my girls grow up? Why did I have to have two girls? I don't know if I can handle it. I mean, the muffin top look still seems to be a style around these parts. And the other day, I saw a strange outfit. It was about 70 degrees and the girl was wearing shorts. Well, I guess someone would call them shorts. To me, they looked like underwear. But, she's wearing this teeny tiny shorts and a denim jacket. I don't get it. If you're hot enough to wear shorts, do you really need a jacket? Does that look good? Today, my oldest wanted to wear high-heeled boots to school. Negative, sister. Then, she said she would wear high-heeled sandals. Um, that's a no. But, all her friends wear high heels to school. Great, good for them. Okay, they're not pumps or anything - it's a stacked heel, but the reason I said no is because they were knee-high leather boots and she would have been sweating like Patrick Ewing on the foul line! Wasn't it enough that I let the girl wear a tank top to school? Apparently not. Because some kids get to wear spaghetti straps and some are wearing shorts and some are wearing flip-flops. Really? You're 8. Get over it. Put on your Chuck Taylors and get on the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment