Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Splash

My kids can pretty much get me to do anything. Even things I really, really, really don't want to do. On Sunday, we went to an indoor waterpark in Lake George. It was fantastic. They loved it. Me, I could have just sat on the sidelines and read a book. I mean, I liked it too, but I could have lived without it, you know? They had so much energy. I wanted to take a nap - I don't know why, but playing in water just wipes me out! But, as tired as I was, I kept doing it. I kept running back up the stairs and going down the slide. The little one wanted me on the green slide and the big one wanted the blue slide. So, back and forth I went - racing them to see who could get to the bottom the fastest. I paddled down that lazy river about 100 times and I even went on some giant raft down a giant tube that made the girls scream like crazy. Apparently, I suffer from vertigo (who knew) but I kept doing it. I kept climbing up the stairs and waiting our turn. I held onto them while they screamed from terror or joy or whatever it was that made them scream. And as much as I wanted to just steal away and sink into the hot tub, I didn't. I played along for hours and hours - just for those silly girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment