Thursday, March 18, 2010

Just like me

When, as a mom, do you let your child go and do things the way they want? When do you let them become their own person? Is it when they start dressing themselves and you have to let them wear the Tinkerbell outfit with the snow boots when you really want them to just wear normal clothes? I wonder. Because I sometimes see moms that wear the same color outfits as their kids. I will admit, I did that once or twice myself. In my defense, it was at Disney World and I wore the same color as the girls so we would be easier to find. But, I don't think I would ever do that otherwise. Would I really wear a matching shirt? Probably not. Then I started wondering about it when I noticed a lot of little girls have the same exact hairdo as their mom. Is it because the mom cuts the daughter's hair? Or is it because they go to the hairdresser at the same time and just get the same cut? Or could it be because you just automatically style your daughter's hair the same way because you're so used to doing your own the same way? I guess it's not such a bad thing to have the same hairdo, unless yours isn't that flattering. It's kind of like giving your daughter an old name like Blanche or Myrtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment