Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The grass is always greener

There's this lady I know. She's got it pretty easy. Doesn't have to work. Husband has a good job. He cooks and cleans and takes care of the kids. Just a good guy. She doesn't complain about him too much, but she usually finds other things to complain about - the house, the kids, the neighbors - it's always something. It got me to wondering if she does this complaining to actually make herself feel better. Like, maybe when she has a gripe, people remind her how good she has it and she starts to feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Or maybe, she just can't help it. Maybe she's one of those people that just doesn't have a positive outlook on life and needs to always find something to bi*ch about. Who knows? I'm like that. I have a hard time feeling positive about a lot of things. I never seem to have a day that doesn't include a problem with something. So, it's up to me to turn my frown upside down and try to put a positive spin on things and make them go the best way they can. And, when I start to feel like my life is hard and when I start wishing that I could get a break, I think about the woman who gets fired from her job for taking a sick day to nurse her feverish infant back to health. Or the man whose wife criticizes him so much he can barely remember the last time she said something nice. Or the family who has to share a meal that is really only meant to feed one. So, in that respect, I've got it good. I might not have it as good as the next guy, but I might not have it as bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment