Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mommy Exercise

I should have gone to the gym today. I know I should have. I can make a bunch of excuses - it's raining, I'm tired, there's not enough gas in the car, I'm waiting at home for an important phone call. Nothing works - I'm lazy. But, really, when you think about it, I did exercise today. I ran up and down the stairs about 27 times today. Some of those times, I was carrying a basket full of laundry. So, right there, I'm doing the stairmaster and lifting weights. I bent down about 546 times today. That's got to count for something! You can open a parenting magazine on any given month and there will be some cute little ideas on how to exercise with your children. Usually, it's the mom exercising while the baby sits there quietly and watches her or it's the mom lunging while she pushes the baby in the stroller. Once your kids are old enough to run around, the only way you can exercise with them is to chase them!

No comments:

Post a Comment