Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Early birds

I haven't done a lot of reading about a child's internal alarm clock but maybe I should. Maybe then I would find out why kids feel the need to wake up before the rooster crows? Parents, you know what I mean - no matter what time a child goes to bed, they still wake up at the same time the next morning. I know for a fact that my kids need more than 8 hours of sleep. I've read that much, at least. I know if they go to bed at 11 p.m., they should not wake up at 7. I don't even want to wake up at 7. I've got one early riser and one that will sleep as long as I let her. Oh, and believe me, I let her. When the older one was in school, I loved that the younger one would stay in bed while I got her sister on the school bus. If I could have, I would've hung out with that little snuggle bug until 9 or 10! Why not? She's got nothing to do. No meetings on tap. No solid plans. Nothing slated for the morning hours. So, what to do with one early riser who gets cranky when she's tired and one late riser who will stay up all night partying? How about if I just go to sleep and let them sort it out? I love sleeping. I wish I could sleep more. I could never understand people like Martha Stewart, who need only about 3 or 4 hours of shut eye before feeling energized and tackling a crazy day. Yeah, and that whole "sleep begets sleep" thing? That's fine with me. I'll be sleepy all day. Doesn't bother me a bit. I'm sleepy right now as a matter of fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment