Saturday, July 3, 2010

Techies

Is it sad that kids know way more about technology than adults? And I'm not talking about teens, I'm talking little kids. My four-year-old can work the iPod better than me. She has to show me how to play Wii. "Not that button mom. Press the B". What? The kid beats me at every game. I'm so lame. One day, she was playing some game - who knows what - and I tried to look over her shoulder and something went wrong. "Thanks a lot mom. You made me get no stars." No stars? I'm sorry. Is that like getting Ms. Pac Man killed? I remember when I worked as a reporter covering the Rye City School District and thought it was the amazing advancement of a wealthy school district to have kindergarteners using computers. How far we've come so fast. These days, it's non-stop advancement. There is a new device every day. I can't keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment