Friday, July 16, 2010

Whatever

When did this word... whatever... become such a horrible one? I can't stand hearing it anymore! Maybe it's not the word so much as the way my eight-year-old uses it. I've been trying to ban it in my house. While we were on vacation recently, I took a quarter from each girl if she used that word. I, in turn, gave them each a quarter if I used it. I think we ended up even. So, I can't blame them for knowing the word, since it's one I use, but man I wish they would just get it out of their vocabulary. I bet every mom has a word they hate hearing. Duh is probably high on that list. Yeah right must be up there too. I wish my kids (and everyone else for that matter) would just listen to everything I say and not question my authority. Just get it already. I'm right. I'm the boss. If you're going to say 'whatever' to me, it better be followed by 'you say, Mom.' Get it? Whatever you say, mom. That sounds sooooo much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment