Friday, September 10, 2010

Boys

I know I have several years (10, I hope) before my girls start dating, but I really hope by the time they do that boys are a little different. Does it ever strike you that boys these days just aren't all that cool or tough? I'm not saying I want my kids hanging around with some rebel without a cause, but if some boy walks into my house with his underwear showing? Come on! I will have to laugh and let him know that briefs/boxers, etc. are not to be shown in public. And what's with these stupid hats? You wear a hat on your head. WEAR it. Don't rest it on the back of your head. Seriously, are these kids walking around with bobby pins holding these things on? And they have to be perfectly skewed to the side and have no creases or folds or anything. I remember when the fad was to have beat up, bent up caps and now it's gone to the other extreme. What are we all rapper that have to have the tag on our hat and not bend the brim? Please. And how about their cars? Since when did driving a little hyundai with a lawnmower become cool? What happened to Chevelles and Mustangs and eight cylinders? There is no muscle in these little cars the boys drive these days. Oh Lord, I pray that my girls don't ever find these silly boys attractive. Please let them find someone who plays football or works on a farm or can swim a mile without being out of breath. Please don't let them ever bring home a boy wearing skinny jeans. And since we're talking about skinny jeans (which my daughter calls jeggings - a cross between jeans and leggings) what's the deal with this? Two effeminate boys hanging out with one girl. I see that like all over the place now. I don't remember boys being so girly when I was a teen. I just remember them being boys. They didn't care about pants. Yes, sneakers were important, but it didn't really matter if your shirt was from any particularly dark, loud, overpriced, obnoxious store in the mall. Ah, the world is falling apart. I'm never letting my kids out of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment