Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Private time

When is the last time you went to the bathroom alone? If you're a guy, I'm sure this isn't an issue. Either you're completely used to standing shoulder-to-shoulder with someone while you relieve yourself or you have never had someone open the door while you're doing it. My kids seem to think the bathroom is our family room. It's our little social gathering area but they don't realize that I didn't send out an invitation. They haven't really grasped the whole concept of knocking. They just walk (I mean, barge) in and start a conversation. Today, I turn around in the shower to an open curtain and two little girls laughing telling me "Shave your armpits, Mom!" Apparently, shaving is funny to these kids. And, believe you me, I will be the mom that barges in on them when they're 16 and yell "Shave your armpits!" and laugh hysterically. I can't wait. They are just obsessed with me when I'm in there and I don't know why. Really? Is this fun for you? Sure, it is mom. It's even funnier when we snap a picture of you sitting on the toilet. That is just the funniest thing ever! Go away little girls. Give mommy some private time. I know what you're saying - lock the door. But that just causes them to go loony and try to kick the door down. So, it's save my dignity or save my hardware. I'm choosing hardware for now. Oh, yeah, I found the camera (finally) and deleted the picture. The kids are sleeping now so I'm off to the bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment