Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sorry

In my house, sorry sometimes seems the easiest word. And why is that? Why is it that my kids keep doing things they're not supposed to and thinking it's okay to be naughty as long as they say sorry? My oldest has this habit of opening things and leaving the wrapper lying about. For someone who collects so much stuff, this kid won't do anything about collecting her messes. She starts a project, doesn't finish, and leaves all the scraps for me to pick up. And before I can turn around, she's in the middle of another project. Me: "How many times do I have to tell you to not leave your mess for me to clean?" Her: "I'm sorry, Mom." Then she makes another mess. I love it! I don't know why I bother telling my kids not to do something. They just do it anyway. I remember, when I was a kid, my mom used to tell me "Don't be sorry. Just don't do it in the first place." Yes, I must admit, I say it too. It probably makes no sense. I know it made no sense to me as a child, but it just comes out. It rolls off the tongue so easily. I shouldn't do it. Sorry. I mean, I'm not sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment