Saturday, August 28, 2010

Toy story

Today I was doing a little cleaning, I mean purging, in my daughter's room. (Shhh. Don't tell her. She freaks when she finds out I threw away any of her junk, I mean, stuff). When I'm cleaning, I tend to lose focus. I start on one thing and then see something else that needs doing, so I walk away and do that and leave the first thing half done. I'm knee deep in Webkinz and Build a Bears and Polly Pockets and Littlest Pet Shop and I'm trying to organize everything. I put the dolls in one spot, the clothes in another and the accessories somewhere else. Don't ask me why I'm doing it because she's just going to play with the stuff and fling it willy nilly wherever she wants. The girl just has no sense of how to do things the way I would do them. She's got naked Barbies out the wazoo! I don't get it. Here they are, naked, no shoes and their hair is an absolute mess. The American Girl dolls are wearing clothes that belong to stuffed animals. What is going on here? I must find a brush. I must coordinate the clothes and match the shoes and do something about this mess. Mind you, I could care less if my shoes match my outfit, but Barbie is a different story. As a child, Barbie was one of my favorites. I loved doing her hair and dressing her. My mom used to make the coolest clothes for my dolls and I had some favorite outfits. I still love playing with them. I dig it when the girls ask me to play barbies, which they don't do very often. Do you love playing with your kids' toys? What are your favorites? I bet all the guys still love playing with Matchbox cars. I'm sure there are some Lego fans out there too. I like puzzles and Lincoln Logs. Big fan of the Chinese jump rope. And if someone bought my kids TinkerToys, they'd have to fight me for 'em. Gotta go now. Supercool Malibu Barbie's got some knots I need to take care of!

No comments:

Post a Comment