Sunday, August 29, 2010

The countdown continues

10, 9, 8... Eight days until school begins. Sabrina says she doesn't want to wait that long. Who can blame her? She's starting kindergarten and it's got to be the most exciting time of her life. The older one? Yeah, she wishes she could turn back time so she doesn't have to go to school. Who can blame her? Third grade! Isn't that when school actually starts to feel hard? When you have to learn division and all of a sudden it's not as easy as you thought it was? I always found the odd grades to be the hardest. Loved second and fourth - absolutely hated fifth. I wonder what that is about. But, I just know this week is going to be stressful - one kid anxious about finally getting on a school bus and going to school and the other one anxious about not wanting to go back! Maybe I can remind her of all the wonderful school lunches she'll get to eat. Oh, wait, I'm trying to make it sound good.

No comments:

Post a Comment