Friday, March 27, 2009

Cleaning up

When do kids learn personal hygiene? When do they learn to start taking care of themselves? It's not like I want them to be completely responsible for their daily grooming but, man, make an effort, would ya? I think we've got the whole "cover your mouth" thing down when it comes to coughing, but not so much with the sneezing. My kids will sneeze and let whatever comes out just come out and then it hangs there until I run over with a tissue and wipe it off! Okay, now that you're finished gagging.... And then when they do use a tissue, they crumple it up and give it to me. Do your kids pick boogers out of their nose and then hand them to you as if it's some sort of prize? Ugh. I'd rather have the dead mouse prize that the cat likes to give me! And what's with the toothpaste? Unless I squeeze the toothpaste out onto the brush, the stuff is all over the sink, the hand towel and God knows where else. They like to look at themselves when they spit it out too, so instead of the spit going in the sink it goes all over the mirror! As I'm typing, I hear Sabrina yelling "DONE" from the bathroom, which means she is ready for me to wipe her bottom. She makes it fun for me though. After she pops off the toilet, she turns and looks in the bowl and says "Whoa! That's a big one!" Seriously - are these my husband's kids or what??

No comments:

Post a Comment