Sunday, March 15, 2009

Birthday for my "baby"

Today is Caty's seventh birthday. Tomorrow, she'll have a driver's license and will be shopping for prom dresses. The more I know this little girl, the more I like her. Of course, I love her because she's my daughter, but I sincerely like her too. She's a little spitfire. She has made my life crazy since the minute she was born. Had she waited just 29 more minutes to come out, she'd have the same birthday as my older sister - who happened to be in the delivery room. But, I guess she was impatient then too. You know when a woman is in labor and she pushes out the baby's head and the doctor tells the mom to stop pushing so he can turn the baby and the rest of her body can come out? Yeah, that didn't happen. She just came out, ripping me (yuck, sorry) open and bounding into the world. She had colic. She didn't like her formula. She wouldn't sleep. She was just a handful! Caty gets bored easily, so she has been going to school and the museum and the gym and classes and anywhere I could take her since she was a baby. At 2, she pretty much potty trained herself after watching her best friend Gage pee off his back deck. At 3, she was in pre-k full time with four-year-olds. So, what should I do with her now? Send her to college? She finally got the Nintendo DS that she had been dreaming of for months. Now, she'll probably sit in her room and lock us out so she can play her games. She won't let her sister touch that thing. Me? When I tried to put a game on for her, she told me "You don't know what you're doing." I'm doomed. The kid is more tech-savvy than me and she knows it. You think if I team up with Sabrina, we could take Caty?

No comments:

Post a Comment