Monday, April 20, 2009

Bake me a cake

My husband just called and said "If you're not too busy, could you bake a cake and bring it to my job?" Huh? Not that I'm overly busy, but who's just sitting around waiting to bake a cake? I don't even have cake mix! It got me to thinking about the kind of mom that would do that. One day, Caty asked if we could bake cookies and I said I didn't have any (slice and bake) cookies to make. My sister said that of course I had stuff to make cookies. I had flour and sugar and eggs and I blocked out the rest. She wanted me to make cookies from scratch? It wasn't even Christmas! So, she and Caty made their awesome "from scratch" cookies. Just another reason that I'm a horrible mother. I don't bake. I must have missed the chapter in the perfect mom manual that teaches you to know recipes for cakes and cookies and sweet treats that can be thrown together with a few pantry items. I don't think I've ever made a pie in my life, yet don't good moms have those things cooling in the window and a newly-baked plate of brownies on the table when the kids get home from school? So, I'm off to the store to buy a cake to drop off at hubby's job. Maybe I'll pick up some cookie dough while I'm at it.

1 comment:

  1. lol, love it! have you seen the ones you don't even have to slice anymore? :)

    ReplyDelete