Monday, April 6, 2009

I might not make it

What horrible person created Spring Break? I have no memory of ever enjoying this time off from school. As a teen, I never had the money to go on those cool spring break vacations to Florida or Mexico. As an adult, I am doing nothing but dreading the rest of this week! I woke up this morning with high hopes. I had a great day planned. I was going to keep the girls busy and entertained and happy. Where did it all go wrong? We didn't even make it to 8 a.m. without something being thrown and names being called. I swear, I think my daughters truly despise each other sometimes. They get along famously when conspiring against me - when they're doing something wrong or illegal. But, other times, the older one tells the little one "Shhh. You're annoying me." They really tried to drive me crazy today. I can't see me making it past Wednesday - forget about the end of the week. How do people do it? I can't pay for boarding school, so I'm doomed to have these two girls together! I know the kids (and teachers) need a break from school, but does it have to be here? I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better. Tomorrow, they'll have me tied up and locked in the closet while they scream their heads off and beat each other up. And maybe Wednesday we'll have a picnic. All I know is the liquor cabinet is calling my name. So maybe if I'm drunk for the entire Spring Break, I'll enjoy it more? Can't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment