Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sticky and stinky

I had such a "mom" day today. After Caty got on the bus, I went to pick up some food for a member of my mom's group that is pregnant and on bed rest. Then, it was story time at the library. Then it was up to Po Town to get gift certificates from the PTA for the school secretaries. Then it was lunch, drop Sabrina off at school, get more food for the bed rest mom, deliver the gift certificates and come home. While I had some free time and the girls were at school, I folded laundry and made rice krispies treats for a bake sale at Chris's job. Okay - is it me or are these things nearly impossible to make? I mean, I realize it's three ingredients - butter, marshmallows and the cereal. But, melting those marshmallows nearly killed me. I thought I would burn the pot beyond recognition and then, when it was done, I considered throwing it away. How could I possibly clean that mess? Talk about sticky! So, the treats are made. I threw dinner in the slow cooker and made a batch of Heidi's Famous Salsa. Talked to one of my editors on the phone to set up some work, balanced the checkbook and RSVPd to a birthday party invite. Then, it's picking up Sabrina and hanging with her until Caty gets off the bus. Here is where stinky comes in. My girls have the world's stinkiest feet! So, now I'm on a mission to find a way to cure that problem. I shot 'em with a little Dr. Scholl's spray, but it's definitely not enough. You want to know what it's like - open up a bag of salt and vinegar potato chips and stick your head in! Anyone with suggestions, let me know! So, mom duty continues. I unpack backpacks, finish making dinner and serve it; clean the table, do the dishes, make lunches for tomorrow and give baths. Now it's off to the PTA meeting. Wasn't I just blogging about not being a traditional mom? I think I've got it down today!

No comments:

Post a Comment