Monday, June 8, 2009

Duct tape

Today, Caty gets off the school bus and tells me she needs something for her shoes. This little imp proceeds to pull up the toe of her shoe and show me the giant hole where her foot pokes through! She says "Mom, do we have duct tape?" I love it! She wants duct tape or super glue to fix her sneaker. And she must have it for tomorrow because tomorrow is gym and she needs to wear her sneakers. She won't wear any other shoes! These sneakers are cute, I'll admit. They're blue denim slip-on that are all ripped-up looking. But, now they really are ripped up! And she refuses to throw them away. I've tried to convince her to get a different pair, but she likes these because they're cool. And what's even more funny is that I got them at Payless for like 7 bucks and I don't think she even liked them at first! And they smell. Bad. It's not pretty. It's not something you'd expect from a cute little 7-year-old! I tell you, for someone who is so concerned with looking pretty all the time, she doesn't care too much about pretty shoes. And it's not like she doesn't have other shoes! She's got a closet filled with flip-flops and high-heels and sandals and boots and loafers and whatever! She's a little Imelda Marcos for crying out loud! What is the fixation with the busted up sneakers? I don't know. I ordered her a new pair online. I hope they get here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment