Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Never go to bed angry

Just heard a great quote from BFFmg... Never go to bed angry. Stay up late and plot your revenge. There is something in the water, I think. Or in the air. Or in the moon or somewhere. Kids everywhere are sassing their parents. they're talking back. They're being fresh and obnoxious and difficult and they are DRIVING US CRAZY! What is the deal? If I hear another parent say "it's just the age" I will punch them. If I hear another parent say "it's a stage - you'll get over it" I will punch them harder. It's not the age - because every mom I talk to is going through it. We have kids of all different ages and stages. They have all different personalities and temperaments. But, one thing they have in common - they are being worse than awful! So, someone told BFFmg to take a few hours every week for herself. Are you kidding? If you're a control freak or an over achiever or just a good mom who worries more than she probably should about her children, there is no way you're leaving the house for a few hours to drink coffee and read a book. (Really, when is the last time you saw a mom relaxing at the Barnes and Noble cafe?) She said all she would be doing is thinking about things that needed to be done so what was the point of leaving the house? Okay, why do we have to leave the house in order to get peace? Why can't all the other people get out and leave us alone for a few hours???? What's wrong with that idea? Sure, we'll stay home and clean and organize and do the opposite of pampering ourselves, but at least we'll be alone! At least no one will be yelling and throwing things and fighting with their sister and spilling lemonade on the floor and drawing pictures on the couch and hiding gum in my shoe and, well, you get the idea. I'm on a mission to get these people out of my house. I need to relax!

1 comment:

  1. ha! i was laughing so hard reading this ... love it! and i totally agree!!

    ReplyDelete