Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Nine Years

That's how long it's been since the old ball and chain and I tied the knot. You're probably wondering what Mr. Romance did for me. A nice dinner? A trip somewhere special? Right now, those of you that know my husband are laughing. At least I got a card. This year it was even in English! You must know that one year my husband got me a Mother's Day card that was "for a wonderful caregiver." And he usually makes me drive him to the store and give him money so he can get the card. Chris and I just laugh about it but I wonder what the girls think. Caty gave us a Happy Anuversary card, which I thought was sweet. I just think that our ambivalent attitude towards romance might not be the best way to go when it comes to teaching our kids about marriage. I'm not at all touchy-feely and Chris, to me, is too much with the hugging and kissing. Maybe we should find a happy medium so the girls can learn what to look for in a happy marriage. Or, maybe, they can keep watching us be un-romantic and know what not to look for!

No comments:

Post a Comment