Monday, June 1, 2009

No more TV?

I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm not a TV junkie and I'm not the kind of mom that uses the TV as a babysitter unless it's really necessary. You know, like when you need a shower or you're trying to get dinner ready, etc. But, what do I do about the television? Caty is too old to watch Little Bear and Dora. I've been letting her watch shows like iCarly and Hannah Montana because they are rated Y7 and I've watched them with her and they seem pretty tame. She also likes reruns of Full House and I figure 'how bad could that lame show be?' Well, it was all fine and good until Carly started making out with some boy and Full House gave way to commercials about smoking, drugs, birth control and worse! What in the world is going on? At the mechanic one day, the set was tuned to some morning show and the commercial was about KY warming jelly! Really? I don't want my kids asking me what erectile dysfunction is or why we need to have the talk about drugs. It's not like I'm trying to raise my kid in a bubble. I know it would be nice to hold on to their innocence as long as I can. But, my daughter goes to public school on a bus so that's pretty much out of the question anyway. Can't they just go back to hawking cigarettes on television?

No comments:

Post a Comment