Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer

Finally. School is over. I'm so not excited for me, but am soooo very happy for Caty. She absolutely hated first grade. It makes me sad that her first experience in a larger public school was like this for her. She wants to go back to Christian school, but it's not possible right now. The thing is that her first grade teacher was just awful. She was so strict. And, I know strict. 12 years in Catholic school makes me a strict teacher expert, I think. This lady went beyond that. She yelled at those poor kids every day. They got time-out. They got separated from the rest of the class. They got chastised and embarrassed and... well, it was not a good experience for any of them. So, Caty hates school. She'll have a great teacher next year, but won't have most of her BFFs in her class, so she's a little bummed. It's only the second day of the first week of her summer and things are going okay for now. The only reason is because my mom and older sister are home playing with the girls. If not, they would be beating each other up. Next week, they'll both have half-day gymnastics camp, so that should be a fun time too. We'll see. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment