Thursday, June 18, 2009

Still not cool

One of my ultimate goals in life is for my children to realize how cool I am. I mean, I think I'm cool and a few other people have mentioned it, so it must be true, right? Well, the 7-year-old apparently has other ideas of cool. Those ideas do not include me. She thinks my husband is cool. I don't know why! I keep trying to tell her that he had the same Dorothy Hamill haircut I did in elementary school. Doesn't that knock you down the cool-o-meter at least a point or two? Well, I'll have to settle for being a fun mom. Yesterday, during Caty's school picnic, I was chosen to be in charge of some of the games. Of the four games, I did 2 and Caty said those two were the best games out of all of them! They were water games, so of course they were fun. But, when the kids were getting bored with the water balloon toss, I made it a water balloon fight instead and got soaked in the process! All the other parents were laughing (and videotaping) but it was Caty's mom that was right in the middle of the party - running and splashing with the first graders. And that made my daughter dub me the funnest mom there. So, I guess I'll never be cool to my kids. But, I'll take fun. Fun isn't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment