Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The measure of a man....

I used to think you could learn everything about a person by the way they treated animals. Seriously, if you can't be nice to a defenseless animal, how can you have true compassion in your heart? So, I was thinking of that today when I came up with a new ethical standard. Shopping carts. What kind of shopping cart person are you? (And, yes, for this lesson we will call it a cart. Not a carriage. Not a buggy. Not a wagon.) Will you walk all the way back to store to get back the quarter you put in to get the cart? Do you just leave the cart in between your car and the one next to you? Or will you be extra rude and leave it behind the car next to yours? Have you ever been a victim of a wayward shopping cart? There's nothing worse than coming out of the store and seeing a scratch and/or dent on the side of your car because someone can't be bothered putting the thing back. I try to park close to that cart station in the middle of a parking lot so I can return it there. If not, it goes back to the store. I know there is someone who comes out to get them, but come on - make their job a bit easier and put it where it's supposed to be! Think about how you would feel if that was your job and people just left the carts all over the place. The worst has got to be the person who goes out of their way to leave the cart on a curb or steady it somewhere that is about three or four feet from the cart station. Really? You couldn't take those extra five steps? So, do you think I'm crazy for judging a person based on what they do with the shopping cart? Maybe I am crazy. Crazy like a fox! And are you the person who left their cart behind my car today? If so, shame on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment