Monday, February 23, 2009

Gold tooth?

Caty has lost her third tooth - one of the top front ones (yes, that's the scientific name of it). She waited sooo long to lose a tooth, so when it happens it's a big deal around here. She puts it in a little pillow and hangs it on the door and then when she wakes up the tooth fairy leaves money in the pillow pocket as well as a gold dust trail. (Thanks fairy - like I need to clean up glitter!) Anyway, she has gotten like 40 bucks already for this last tooth. You’d think this kid had gold in her mouth. Everywhere she goes, she’s got people giving her money. I remember when my grandfather tried to give me five dollars and my father would get mad and make me give it back. Am I supposed to do that with my kids? My dad just slipped Caty a five and I just smiled as she ran to put it in her piggy bank. She’s got more in her bank than I do in mine! She says she’s saving for Disney. Hey, if she wants to get money from people to pay for an expensive vacation, that’s fine with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment