Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hide and Seek

Is this not the best game to play with your kids? I love to play with pre-schoolers the best. Sabrina says: "You go count. I'm going to hide under the table." Why is it that kids don't really want to hide for long? Maybe they don't like the anticipation. Maybe, they need that instant gratification and find the game boring because nothing is happening. You try to make it even more suspenseful - looking in places they couldn't possibly be. You hear them giggling from somewhere, but act like you have no idea where they are. I can't wait until my kids start playing this game outside with their friends. I remember doing that in our neighborhood. You had to have boundaries - otherwise, one kid would be in the alley and another would be around the corner! My favorite is when the girls play hide & seek with Chris. He hides. They're supposed to seek. They get bored. They stop looking. And he's there hiding and waiting and waiting and waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment