Friday, February 13, 2009

I might get arrested

If you see a headline "Crazed mom beats driver at bus stop," the story will most likely be about me. This morning, like every morning, I waited outside with Caty and the neighbor kids for the morning bus. I live on a pretty big road - not a main road - but a long road where people love to drive really fast. Normally, it doesn't bother me because people see the kids and they slow down or they widen their path so they're nowhere near where the kids are standing. (It's three boys and two girls and they play. So all it would take is a slip on the ice or a trip and fall into the road, and...) Anyway, I'm a nice neighbor. I smile at people and tell God how thankful I am for each person that slows down. Except for Escalade Lady. She is the lady I want to beat senseless. And, I'm going to beat her with her cell phone. When this lady drives down the road in her white Escalade, she is flying. She's got to be going about 50. And, she's always on the phone. Always. I'm pretty sure she has her own kids in the car too because she has those little white stickers in her rear window that depict a mom and dad and two kids. So, today, I see her racing down the hill and I start to walk into the road and put a hand out to give her the "slow down" sign. You know, to say "It's okay. You don't have to go so fast. There's a stop sign 1/8 th of a mile away so you need to slow down anyway. You're not having a baby. You're not being called in to clean up a major chemical spill. You don't have to be in such a rush." Of course, Escalade Lady gives me a really nasty look. And, I'm no lip-reader, but I'm pretty sure she was telling me to "Shut Up!" Well, I never! I think is the beginning of a saga, my friends. Let's just hope it doesn't end up with me in the clink and Escalade Lady having surgery to remove the cell phone from her rectum!

No comments:

Post a Comment