Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Guilty TV Pleasure

So I was watching Nip/Tuck and fast forwarding through the more "risque" parts and it got me thinking about all the television shows that I watch and really shouldn't. I guess it's not just shows that are violent or contain sex. There are probably a ton of things I watch while I could be reading or watching Fox News or doing something to make the world a better place. Okay, Nip/Tuck for sure. I also love that show Rescue Me. I think it's hysterical. But, it's racy. Hmm, America's Next Top Model. I love it. I don't know why. Besides the fact that Nigel Barker is eye candy and Miss Jay is entertaining, I get such a kick out of the models trying to make different faces and then they all end up looking the same. I like iCarly. I could sit and watch it with Caty all afternoon. That Sam is so rude, but she makes me giggle. I don't think I'll ever go so crazy as becoming a Hannah Montana fan, so iCarly is as close as I go. And, if you're talking senseless programming, go no further than MTV. That Real World/Road Rules Challenge is a must-see. I can't really bear to watch the Sweet 16 thing because it makes me sad to see dumb girls driving $100,000 cars! Oh, the Real Housewives of Orange County are great too. New York and Atlanta - not so much, but those Cali girls are a pip. I realize this may make me a horrible person, but I love the show “Intervention.” Sometimes, I throw myself a pity party and get down on life. I need to be thin. I need to have money. I need to be a better mom. I need a cleaner house. I should be a better wife. I should read the Bible every day. I should make healthier meals. And just when I feel really bad, I click the DVR and find an episode of Intervention. I think, “Hey, at least I’m not drinking mouthwash to get drunk!” or “Wow, I could be worse. I could be using my kids’ college money for black tar heroin.” Now, before you get your soapbox out, I don’t mean to poke fun at the poor addicts on the show. I’m just saying it makes my life look a whole lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment