Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ear wax

I am convinced that my children's ears are full of wax. They must be! I know kids have smaller tubes or whatever and that the wax drains out more slowly, but I'm talking completely stuffed up. It's either wax or cotton. You know why I know this? Because they don't hear a word I say!!!! Seriously, I can hear myself talking. I'm not mumbling. I don't have food in my mouth. I'm not looking away. I am looking at them and talking right to them so what is up? I say "please get in the car." My daughter walks around and starts picking up rocks. I say "please go brush your teeth and hair so you don't miss the bus." My daughter is using the brush as a microphone and doing her version of American Idol in the bathroom. You could whisper "ice cream" from three rooms away with the doors closed and children will come running, but say something like "homework" and all of a sudden they've gone deaf. Maybe tonight while they're sleeping, I'll run in there with a flashlight and a Q-Tip and clean house!

No comments:

Post a Comment